To update your particulars, please send email to email@example.com with the subject “Update of Particulars”
|Membership Category||Annual Fee*|
Persons with recognised** professional degrees / post-graduate diplomas in the library and information science or equivalent professional qualifications
– Persons with recognised para-professional diplomas/certificates in library and information science or equivalent qualifications
– Persons engaged in library and information services but do not hold professional degrees / post-graduate diplomas in library and information studies
– Full-time students of library and information science courses
Persons interested in the objectives of the LAS and are not engaged in library and information services and do not hold professional degrees/diplomas in the library and information studies/science
|Professional Life Membership|
Persons who have been professional members for not less than five consecutive years
|Professional (Non-working) Membership|
Professional members who are no longer working
- LAS membership is based on the calendar year. Subscription fees are due annually on 1 Jan and membership expire on 31 Dec each year.
- Members who join LAS for the first time, between 1 Jun and 31 Oct of the year, shall pay only 50% of the subscription fee for that year.
- Members who join LAS for the first time, between 1 Nov and 31 Dec of the year, shall pay a full subscription fee for membership up to 31 Dec of the following year.
**Recognized Professional Qualifications
From time to time, there have been enquiries regarding the recognition of library science degrees from overseas. The Council wishes to state that all first degrees and post-graduate qualifications that are accredited by the respective library and information professional bodies of Australia, Canada, NZ, UK and USA are recognised by LAS as professional qualifications for librarians.
- Greater opportunity to network with local and overseas peers
- Connect with latest practitioners’ knowledge and professional skills
- Voting rights (for professional members only)
- Member discounts on LAS publications
- Notification of library-related events and activities
- Free or subsidised attendance to social events and selected programmes organised by LAS
- Special member registration discounts and priority for LAS-sponsored courses, talks, workshops and conferences
- Eligibility to apply for LAS sponsorship and grant
- Eligibility to apply for LAS awards
- Eligibility to register for Practising Professional award under the Professional Development Scheme (for professional members only)
For membership enquiries, please email: LAS Membership Chair