Ms Chow Chai Khim, who obtained the LAS Overseas Professional Development Sponsorship 2016 to attend the 8th Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries (QQML) International Conference 2016, shared her key learning points and takeaways in the presentation slides below.
The focus of the conference is on Exploring Trends and Challenges on Building the Future Libraries. She shared with the audience on three hot topics in library and information science which are; transforming library space to knowledge commons, developing a curriculum for novice librarian researchers and reimagining academic library user experience. She also shared her experience of visiting some libraries in the United Kingdom and Germany, which included the Cambridge University Library and the Hamburg State and University Library Carl von Ossietzky (Stabi).
Learning points/takeaways from 8thQQML 2016:
- Transforming library space to knowledge commons
- Developing a curriculum for novice librarian researchers
- Reimagining academic library user experience
- Cambridge University Library (United Kingdom)
- Hamburg State and University Library Carl von Ossietzky (Stabi) (Germany)
- Other libraries