Breaking the barriers of time and space: The dawning of the new age of libraries
We are pleased to announce the 1st session of the 2021 LAS-NLB Professional Sharing to be held online. We invite you to present and/or participate in this webinar on:
Date: Fri, 30 April 2021
Time: 2–5 pm
Venue: Virtual meeting (link to be shared later)
You are cordially invited to share projects or initiatives to transform the services, operations, or management strategies at your library to prepare for future challenges and opportunities. You may wish to consider the topics below but do feel free to present on other topics of interest as well.
Analytics and collections
- What are some evidence-based practices in your library?
- Are you doing quantitative or qualitative research into user behaviour?
- How are you upskilling staff in response to new trends in data science and analytics tools?
- How has your organisation used analytics tools or data visualisation to market the value of your library and your collections?
- How do we build and manage our collections given budget constraints?
- How can we use Cloud Tools for resource management – from identification, selection, acquisition till implementation and assessment?
- What has changed in the post-pandemic era with regard to UX and libraries?
- What are new ways of researching user experience in libraries, in the age of social distancing and Zoom?
- How responsive are we to our users’ needs? Are we listening to our users?
- What are your plans for offering new or improved services for library users?
- Are you redefining the roles of library staff to serve users better?
Staff development and well-being
- Has your organisation accepted and encouraged new channels for staff development beyond traditional classroom training? Virtual training, readings, etc
- Do you have a new professional development framework?
- What new skills are now required as part of your job scope?
- How do we build resilience within our information professionals community?
- What are some ways librarians can adapt to a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous future?
You can participate in the Professional Sharing Session by:
- Presenting: Submit your abstract for a 15 min presentation. Click to submit.
- Participating: Listen, learn and participate in the discussion. Register here.
Key Dates for Presenters
- 23 March: [Last Day for] submission of abstract
- 26 March: Decision notification
- 14 April: Last Day for submission of presentations and related materials
- 30 April: Professional Sharing Session
Everyone is welcome to submit a presentation proposal. For enquiries, please contact the Training & Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org