We’re glad to announce our 2nd Virtual Professional Sharing session for 2020:
Reimagining the Libraries in the New Normal
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020
Time: 2–5 pm
Venue: Online (via Zoom)
We are calling for presentations on Reimagining the Libraries in the New Normal.
You are cordially invited to share projects or initiatives to reform or transform the services, operations, or management strategies at your library to prepare for future challenges and opportunities.
You may consider the topics below but are not limited to the restrictive list.
- Capacitation: How well are librarians’ skills being maximised?
- Replacing old for new: Library technology trends in the new normal
- How open are we: Open access in open libraries for open communities?
- Academic Library Outreach: Beyond the Campus Walls
- Information access in the new normal
- User Services: How are we making it relevant to our library patrons?
- Instructional Services: What’s changed? What can Libraries do to provide a complete learning experience given the Covid19 backdrop?
- Acquisition, Selection and Collection development: How can we move from print to digital? Can we really move to totally digital collections?
- Digitization and Digital Preservation: What is the future for libraries and librarians?
You can participate in the Professional Sharing Session by:
- Presenting: Submit your abstract for a 15 min presentation. OR
- Participating: Listen, learn and participate in the discussion.
(For presenters: Email your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Key Dates for Presenters
- 16 Oct Submission of abstract due
- 30 Oct Decision notification
- 20 Nov Final presentations due
- 27 Nov Professional Sharing Session
Everyone is welcome to submit a presentation proposal. For enquiries, please contact the Training & Development Committee at email@example.com