We are pleased to announce the 1stsession of the 2023 LAS-NLB Professional Sharing. We invite you to present and/or participate in this sharing session and hope you are just as excited as the organisers are.
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023
Time: 2–5 pm
Venue: Woodlands Regional Library Auditorium, Woodlands Civics Centre, 900 South Woodlands Dr, Singapore 730900
You are cordially invited to share projects or initiatives on library services, programs, spaces, systems, operations, or management strategies at your library to prepare for future challenges and opportunities. You may consider the topics below but feel free to present on other topics of interest.
Main theme: Artificial Intelligence and Libraries: Building Future-Ready Information Spaces
As the world examines and explores the impact of the latest developments of Artificial Intelligence, from GPT-4 to Ethics and Copyright of AI Art, Libraries are also looking to see how new technology can be leveraged to improve the impact of Libraries on their communities.
- Impact of AI on Librarians and Libraries
- Skills needed in an AI and technology-driven world
- Ethics and governance of AI
- Future trends and challenges
You can participate in the Professional Sharing Session by:
- Presenting: Submit your abstract for a 15 min presentation. Click to submit – (https://forms.gle/T935PyQ6o6PNzG2X9 )
- Participating: Listen, learn, and participate in the discussion (On-Site). Register here. (https://forms.gle/UPAnp5s6a4p29FH18)
Key Dates for Presenters
- 21 April 2023: Last Day for submission of abstract
- 5 May 2023: Decision notification
- 12 May 2023: Last Day for submission of presentations and related materials
- 26 May 2023: Professional Sharing Session
Everyone is welcome to submit a presentation proposal. For enquiries, please contact the Training & Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org