The LAS-WLIC Grant is made possible with the generous donation of S$61,791.21, by the Singapore National Committee, WLIC 2013. The amount was derived from the net revenue sharing and levy of services rendered for WLIC 2013.
The Library Association of Singapore is pleased to offer subsidies of up to S$5,000 per award, to two LAS personal professional members to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress or Satellite Meetings each year until the Grant is completely used up.
The purpose of the Grant is to provide LAS members with financial support and opportunities to learn and network. LAS believes that participation in conferences develops professional growth and strengthens our library community.
- Applicants must be Personal Professional members of LAS
- Preference will be given to applicants who volunteered at WLIC 2013 and have participated in LAS activities
- Applicants must satisfy all requirements in the application form
Who is not eligible to apply
- Current Council Members
- Current Awards Panel Members
- Recipients of any LAS Awards in the past 5 years.
Details of Award
Each award, with a maximum sum of $5,000, is to be used to cover airfare, accommodation, registration and meals. The recipient will make his/her own arrangements for the conference or satellite meeting and will be required to show proof of attendance and costs incurred during the conference when seeking a refund after the event.
The recipient will be required to share his/her experience and new knowledge gained from the event with LAS members before 30 January 2024. This can be done through any pre-agreed sharing such as the following:
- Submitting an article, 1000 words, to the Singapore Libraries Bulletin and conduct a sharing session for the LAS community
Administration of Award
The awards will be administered by the LAS Awards Panel and the recipients will be selected based on the information provided in the Application Form.
Please complete and submit the application form along with the required supporting documents to email@example.com. Nominations must be received by 27 February 2023 by 12 PM.