Full-Time LIBRARIAN / SENIOR LIBRARIAN (SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION SERVICES) – NIE Library
The National Institute of Education invites suitable applications for the position of Librarian / Senior Librarian (Scholarly Communication Services) in the NIE Library and Information Services Centre. We are seeking creative, innovative and service-oriented candidates who are able to work independently and collaboratively in transforming the library for the 21st century.
This position provides research data services, delivers information and research support services, promotes scholarly communication initiatives and serves as a library liaison to meet the teaching, learning and research needs of the NIE community.
- A University degree and a postgraduate qualification in Library and/or Information Science, preferably with working knowledge of institutional repositories and metadata practices
- At least 3 years of library experience in an academic and research library setting
- Knowledge of developments in data management and scholarly communication
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Keen learner who is adaptable and able to work independently and in a team
- Responsible for acquisition, organisation, preservation and dissemination of research datasets
- Deliver information services, research consultations, and citation report services
- Provide support in research data management, including creation of data management plan
- Collaborate with Library Technology Services on development of data repository
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and standards for data curation
- Conceptualise, plan and organise outreach programme in relation to research data services and scholarly communication initiatives
- Keep abreast of trends and issues in research data management practices and scholarly communication
General and liaison duties
- Provide information desk services on scheduled evenings and weekends
- Foster communication between the Library and designated Academic Groups
- Liaise with designated Academic Groups to recruit research output for the digital repository
- Collaborate with academic and library staff to plan, deliver and assess instructional and outreach programmes
- Participate in collection development, including identifying, evaluating and recommending library resources
- Contribute to library projects, peer training and staff development
Candidate with proven track record may be appointed as team lead for the key responsibilities.
Please complete the Application Form for Management and Corporate Services Positions and submit it together with your resume to :
Head, Human Resource
National Institute of Education
1 Nanyang Walk
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 29 Mar 17
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their home to the NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
607 total views, 7 today