Full-Time Head of Information & Library Services – Goethe Institut Singapore
The Goethe-Institut is the Federal Republic of Germany’s official cultural institute, operational worldwide. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. In addition, we convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information about its cultural, social and political life.
The Goethe-Institut Singapore is looking for a highly motivated candidate as Head of Information and Library Services (I & B). (Position Code: LIBO, fulltime)
– Development of strategies for improvement of information and library services of Goethe-Institut Singapore, monitoring and identifying relevant topics in the fields of media, digitalisation, literature, library services and publishing
– Planning, organisation and operative execution of projects in the field of literature, media, digitalisation, creative writings and gaming
– Networking with libraries and publishers, negotiations with public institutions in Singapore
– Concept development and editorial coordination of web and social media activities for all departments of the institute
– Development planning and execution of social media campaigns
– Engaging young target groups
– Ongoing development and maintenance of library resources
– Maintenance of online and offline library services, including budgeting and reporting
– Project-based communication and PR activities
– Professional support for programme and language services
– Ongoing customer service, including library tours for course participants and the public on request
– Quality and resource management
– Writing and editing of texts
– Relevant university degree
– Good knowledge of contemporary life, culture and society in Germany, Singapore and Southeast Asia
– High interest in contemporary life, culture and society in Germany
– Ability and willingness to take part in regular evening and weekend events
– Sound knowledge of Web 2.0 and social media, intuition for current developments in digital media
– Ability to produce target group-oriented texts and content
– Excellent communication, social, creativity and teamwork skills
– Willingness to particiapate in local and overseas training
– Responsibility and reliability
– Willingness to attend and supervise evening and weekend events
– Very good organisation skills and management competence
– Good social and intercultural competence
– Motivation and ability to work under pressure
– Very good written and spoken German, desirable
– Very good IT-skills (Microsoft Office, online and mobile applications and digital media formats for photo, sound and film)
This position offers an attractive range of duties, an interesting and varied work environment, continuing advanced training and an appropriate remuneration in accordance with the Goethe-Institut’s local salary scheme. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please send your application by e-mail with a motivation letter, CV and copies of testimonials/certificates only to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application shall include the earliest date of availability, nationality and visa status in Singapore.
Application deadline: 15.03.2017
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Mrs. Ng, Yock Huew, Head of Administration, email@example.com. For more information about the activities of the Goethe-Institut, see http://www.goethe.de/singapore.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high number of applications we expect to receive, we will only be able to contact those applicants invited for interviews.
504 total views, 14 today